Karen Frykholm, LCMFT
Kansas License 2811
Massachusetts License 1331
Clinical work since 1992
Private Practice since 2008
(Past experience in education, prior to focusing on human development, mental health, and organizational consulting)
Music Educator for 18 yrs for all grades and special education classes (Pre-K – 12 in IL, MI, MN).
Taught undergraduate courses in music and teacher education at University of Minnesota Duluth.
University of Connecticut
- Master of Arts in Human Development and Family Studies/Marital and Family Therapy (clinical)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Human Development and Family Studies (research)
- AAMFT-approved supervision at South Bay Mental Health Services in Brockton, MA, Comcare/Middleborough Counseling Services in Middleborough, MA, Humphrey Clinic for Individual, Marriage and Family Therapy at University of Connecticut, Arbour Counseling Services in Worcester, MA.
- Doctoral dissertation “The Significance of Values in Individuals’ Implicit Theories for Intimate Relationships.”
University of Minnesota
- Master of Arts in Education/Music, University of Minnesota
Karen has been practicing therapy since 1994. Prior to private practice, for fifteen years in Massachusetts and Connecticut, she worked at four community mental health centers. Services provided included:
- Intensive Family Services for court-mandated families
- Home-based family therapy
- School IEP team
- In foster care
- Adults with developmental delays
- Group therapy
- Parenting Apart instruction
- individual therapy for and adults
- Couples therapy
In 2008, Karen opened a private practice in Massachusetts for couples, family, and individual therapy. She has served as a member of the board of Massachusetts Association of Marriage and Family Therapy. In 2017, Karen and her husband moved from Worcester, MA, to be nearer to family in Lawrence, KS, where she opened a private practice in 2017. Currently her practice is limited to couples and adult individuals. She holds clinical MFT licenses in both Kansas (LCMFT 2811) and Massachusetts (LMFT 1331), and provides telehealth online therapy to clients in Massachusetts.
Copyright © 2018-2021 Oread Consulting, LLC. All Rights Reserved